With Pearson Passport, you can select and assign the resources that are most applicable for your course while making it simple for students to find what they need. Passport is a do-it-yourself model that lets you put links to resources into a course management system of your choice and at places in the course shell where you want to use those resources. In addition, if there are assessments associated with those resources, Passport makes those assessments available for upload and allows the results to feed into your course management system’s gradebook.
- Is available for any Pearson introductory or upper-level international relations or comparative politics text; it is also available for introductory political science texts. If you are using an introductory text, you can choose resources suggested in your text’s sample syllabus. If you are using an upper-level text, you can choose resources that best reflect your course coverage and materials.
- Is downloaded as a Zip file from the Instructor Resource Center (IRC). You use the files in the Passport Packet to set up Passport in your course management system.
- Includes over 150 MyPoliSciKit assets like mapping exercises, newsfeeds, current events quiz, blog, videos, comparative exercises, simulations, and more. However, it does not include book-specific resources such as learning objectives, chapter summaries, flashcards, and practice tests.
- Includes assessment for the assets that is compatible with Blackboard Standard/Enterprise, Blackboard CE/Vista (WebCT), Course Compass, Angel, and D2L.
Passport is good for instructors who:
- Like what is in MyPoliSciKit but want to focus on just a few items–for example, mapping exercises–and pull those assets out and place them in a prominent place in their course.
- Are required by their campus to use a specific course management system rather than a Pearson product like MyPoliSciKit.
- Are more comfortable with technology and want to use their existing course management system.
To learn more, please contact your Pearson representative.