For courses in Epistemology.
Introduction to contemporary epistemology. Content is organized around “The Standard View”—the view that we do know most of the things reflective common sense tells us we know. Skepticism is discussed as only one of several objections to the view.
1. Epistemological Questions.
II. THE STANDARD VIEW.
2. The Traditional Analysis of Knowledge.
3. Modifying the Traditional Analysis of Knowledge.
4. Evidentialist Theories of Knowledge and Justification.
5. Nonevidentialist Theories of Knowledge and Justification.
III. CHALLENGES TO THE STANDARD VIEW.
6. Skepticism (I).
7. Skepticism (II).
8. Epistemology and Science.
9. Epistemological Relativism.