For undergraduate courses in Psychology.
Ideal as either a companion or stand-alone text for any psychology course that requires students to write papers. This clear and functional handbook shows how to research and write in psychology as well as improve one's overall writing ability. Covering every fundamental aspect of writing (from content to form, grammar, tracking sources of information, and citing sources), it assists students in preparing two specific types of papers: research reports and term papers.
I. A HANDBOOK OF STYLE FOR PSYCHOLOGY.
1. Writing as Communication.
2. Writing Competently.
3. Student Paper Formats in APA Style.
4. Citing Sources.
II. CONDUCTING RESEARCH IN PSYCHOLOGY.
5. Organizing the Research Process.
6. Library Research.
7. The Internet and Distance Learning.
III. WRITING ASSIGNMENTS.
8. Short Assignments for Introduction to Psychology Courses.
9. Critical Examination of Psychological Literature.
10. Traditional (Non-Experimental) Psychology Research Papers.
11. Experimental Research Papers.
12. Professional Ethics for Psychologists.