Audio CDs Key features
- Recordings of all the photo-stories
- listening comprehension exercises presented in the workbook, Beginilah! pronunciation guide lively cultural songs
- All recordings are performed by native Indonesian speakers
The journey of discovery and adventure continues as students enter the linguistically and culturally rich world of Bagus sekali! 2.
The photo-stories are set in Medan, North Sumatra, providing a very different cultural context to that of Levels 1 and 3. Reflecting the multi-cultural population of Medan, the students who feature in the photo-stories are from a variety of ethnic backgrounds, and their many varied activities provide a fascinating base for students’ oral and reading development. A visit to Jakarta and village life in North Sumatra provide further variety and cultural interest.
Themes in Bagus sekali! 2 include making plans and getting around town, shopping, holidays, eating out, native and/or wild animals and the geography of Indonesia, daily life, clothes and weather.
- A Bacalah ini! section. Longer reading passages are provided in a variety of text-types. They include: recipes; quizzes; magazine articles; emails; poems; role-plays; songs; letters; advertising. All material has been recently researched and gathered on location by the authors specifically for Bagus sekali! 2
- The Kamu berdua and Beginilah! sections as featured in Bagus sekali! 1 will also feature in Bagus sekali! 2 to further extend the learners speaking skills and their understanding of the language.
- a wealth of accessible, structured speaking activities: some resemble those in Bagus sekali! 1, others take different approaches suited to the more sophisticated material and the student’s age
- more explicit and detailed grammatical points
- Cultural information is immersed throughout Bagus sekali! 2 as well as the Indonesia asyik! section. Students will gain an insight into the culture of Medan and North Sumatra, as well as the modern Jakarta lifestyle.
This series is a three-level, junior secondary to middle secondary Indonesian course. Researched on location in Indonesia, it represents a refreshingly imaginative response to current curriculum guidelines and classroom needs.