10 Things I Hate About You explores this energetic and accessible film, opening up its themes and issues for students in a practical way, moving from concrete details of plot and characters through to more complex considerations of issues, themes and contemporary relevance. It provides background information about the film and other relevant texts. Technical considerations such as scripting, camera work and soundtrack are demystified and placed in context, providing students with the critical vocabulary for discussion of film.
The Heinemann English Project: Film as Text: 10 Things I Hate About You
- plot and character overview
- plot and subplot
- shakespearean language and sonnets
- parallels and contrasts
- the taming of the shrew
- film techniques.
The Heinemann English Project: Film as Text: 10 Things I Hate About You contains:
- vivid design and layout
- magazine-style ‘articles’
- extensive questions, activities and tasks
- individual and group activities
- ICT opportunities
- written and spoken responses, Construction of and presentation of responses
- activities suited to exploring multiple intelligences
- self assessment.
The Heinemann English Project is a series of lively and colourful topic books for Years 7-10 English. Each book is devoted to a theme, skill or approach at the heart of English in Australian classrooms.