International Mathematics for the Middle Years has been developed with the international student in mind. This series is particularly beneficial to students studying the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program. All examples and exercises take an international viewpoint, giving students an opportunity to learn Mathematics with a global perspective. The content is appropriate for international curricula and will meet the needs of all middle school students studying Mathematics.
This is the first book in the five book International Mathematics for the Middle Years series. Each full-colour student book in the series comes with an interactive student CD and includes access to online resources for both teachers and students.
- Well graded exercises have colour-coded questions to clearly identify the level of difficulty, allowing flexibility within the classroom.
- Worked examples are used extensively throughout the book and are easy for students to identify.
- Investigations encourage students to seek knowledge and develop research skills
- Assessment Grids ease the task of assessment for the teacher and provide students with guidelines for understanding the criteria required to succeed.
- ID Cards, Mathematical Terms and Reading Mathematics all assist in the development of mathematical literacy.
Interactive student CD - free with every coursebook
- An electronic version of the book with links to Worksheets, Technology Applications and further enrichment and review exercises
Pearson takes great pride in our authors. We source authors and contributors that are industry leading experts, with extensive experience of teaching and learning in their fields, from every state of Australia. We commission only the best authors who offer valuable insights and something unique to bring to the project.
The authors of International Mathematics for the Middle Years include:
International Consultant Michael Smith has extensive experience teaching mathematics in IB and international schools in Singapore, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, China and Australia.
Suitable for students studying the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program. The IB Middle Years Program is intended for students aged 11 to 16 years.