Hai! provides a fresh, easy-to-use choice for busy teachers of Japanese. With six semester-length, topic-based stages, Hai! is geared to the crucial middle years where student motivation and experience of progress are so important.
The workbook contains a range of language and cultural activities that support the material in the Coursebook and allow students to work from the known to the unknown, including:
- listening comprehension activities that build students’ aural skills and confidence;
- puzzles where, through active discovery, vocabulary and script learning becomes more meaningful;
- written activities and exercises where new language points are practised and developed;
- hiragana recognition and writing practice where students apply and explore their growing familiarity with the script;
- learning outcomes checklists to assist students in charting their own progress.
Hai! is an easy-to-use course, tailored to the crucial middle years where student motivation, participation and experience of progress are so important. Each of the six topic-based stages builds on previously met vocabulary, grammatical structures and script to provide a smooth transition from one stage to the next. Script is introduced in topic-related contexts. On completion of Hai! 1–6, students will be able to read and write hiragana, katakana and 70 kanji.
Selected sample pages from Hai 2 Workbook