Hai! 2 Student Book
Hai! 2 Student Book
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Hai! provides a fresh, easy-to-use choice for busy teachers of Japanese. With six semester-length, topic-based stages, Hai! is geared to the crucial middle years where student motivation and experience of progress are so important.
Table of contents
- Hai! 2 Let’s go !
- Junior Secondary
- Unit Topics
- Cats and dogs
- Hands up!
- Coloured pencils
- What a weekend!
Features & benefits
Some features of each unit:
- Flap those ears! Move that mouth!—the photo presentation showcases new language and cultural information. Audio response opportunities are given on the Audio CD.
- Grab that pen!—introduces the hiragana; is closely tied to the teaching of language points in each unit so that students learn to write what they can say.
- Help Desk—the reference section where the new language and key vocabulary are given in a simple, easy-to-follow layout.
- Move that mouth!—provides structured, semi-structured and open-ended speaking activities modelled on the now familiar language.
- Flap those ears! Move those eyes!—the cartoon story, following the junior high romance of Hide and Kana, provides an opportunity for reading for pleasure and consolidates the language and script at the point where students have become romaji-independent.
There are also computer-based research activities, and Japanese/English and English/Japanese vocabulary lists.
Pearson takes great pride in our authors. We source authors and contributors that are industry leading experts, with extensive experience of teaching and learning in their fields, from every state of Australia. We commission only the best authors who offer valuable insights and something unique to bring to the project.
Contributing Authors: Sue Burnham, Michael Sedunary, Takanori Hayakawa, Trudi Sampson, Yoshie Burrows, Teruko Sharif, Ayumi Dalpadado, Elise Wackett and Margaret McIntyre
Selected sample pages from Hai 2 Student Book