Back in her adopted village of Bassorah, Vancy has recovered from her adventure on the Hinterland. With her friends, Kerei and Squirt, she has found out where she came from, and taken a stand against her birth father, the tyrant Herit. But on the night of her coming-of-age party, disturbing news reaches Bassorah. Herit has called for his daughter to join him in his great stone fortress, or Bassorah will face the full force of his anger. It seems a new evil is gathering across the wide plains of the Hinterland . . .
What Nitty Gritty
brings to your classroom:
- High interest, rich texts with themes relevant and of interest to young adolescents
- Stimulating and engaging discussion prompts, and activities focusing on key critical literacy areas including author purpose, power of language, characterisation, bias, point of view and more.
- Cutting-edge design and text layout to engage young adult readers
- Text written by a range of local and international authors including Diana Noonan, Jillian Sullivan, William Taylor, Stu Duval, Tina Shaw, John Lockyer, Glynne MacLean and more
- a range of genres: mystery, adventure, historical fiction, science fiction, fantasy and contemporary fiction
- Different social and cultural perspectives, strong themes and messages to spark discussion. and encourage the questioning, challenging and deconstructing of texts
- Gatefold back covers with critical literacy discussion prompts for literature circles.