This comprehensive resource assists students to investigate and learn more about their global community. By addressing the issues affecting today's world, Behind the News Primary Atlas
generates discussion and prompts research in the classroom, creating an environment that encourages student participation.
The Behind the News Primary Atlas Pack contains:
- 15 copies of Behind the News Primary Atlas
- 1 copy of Behind the News Primary Atlas CD-ROM
- 1 copy of Behind the News Primary Atlas Skills and Activities Blackline Master
Key features and benefits of the Behind the News Primary Atlas include:
- Key curriculum concepts, enriched through investigation and analysis.
- Thematic spreads on issues aff ecting Australia and the world, such as water resources, environments in danger, global warming and space exploration.
- Gate-fold illustrated glossary of the Earth’s natural features.
- An engaging CD which includes dynamic graphics and video, electronic maps, animations and activities.
Behind the News Primary Atlas Skills and Activities Blackline Masters contains a wealth of sequential mapping activities to further develop students' skills. It supports and extends the atlas and CD-ROM with teacher's notes and photocopiable resources, including map outlines.
Behind the News Primary Atlas Resources CD-ROM supports and extends the atlas with interactive modules that introduce key mapping skills allowing students to practise and apply these skills during authentic learning experiences.
The CD-ROM features videos that support and extend the thematic issues presented in the Atlas. The multimedia component assists students to contextualise and clarify their understandings and promotes further discussion and research. The following are included:
- interactive mapping skills tutorials
- e-maps, animations and activities that allow students to practise and apply skills
- outline maps of Australia and the world.