All Write! is a practical and fun workbook program that helps students to learn to write legibly and fluently. With a focus on correct pencil grip and comfortable posture, All Write! enables students to successfully access the curriculum and meet everyday writing needs.
Illustrations incorporate lower case letters and words in an innovative, multisensory approach to help students create a memory map linking letter formation with letter-sound relationships. The learning of joined handwriting is related to graphic organisers and a range of text types. Activities relate to the NSW Board of Studies Foundation Statements through a key theme at each year level.
Students write using letters of consistent size and slope in NSW Foundation Style (Stage 1)
The Year 1 book is organised around the theme 'Families, Friends and Feelings' and provides:
- links between letter formation, letter-sound relationships and phonemic awareness
- fluency patterns to practise correct writing movements for each letter
- clever illustrated letters to trace and colour that link formation with the shape and size of the letter
- modelled, guided and independent practice of letters, words and sentences
- self assessment opportunities linked to important handwriting goals
- a fun game to reinforce skills and record learning
- practical teacher resources.
Selected sample pages from All Write 1