All Write! is a practical and fun workbook program that helps students to learn to write legibly and fluently. With a focus on correct pencil grip and comfortable posture, All Write! enables students to successfully access the curriculum and meet everyday writing needs.
Illustrations incorporate lower case letters and words in an innovative, multisensory approach to help students create a memory map linking letter formation with letter-sound relationships. The learning of joined handwriting is related to graphic organisers and a range of text types. Activities relate to the NSW Board of Studies Foundation Statements through a key theme at each year level.
Students know and use letters and sounds of the alphabet to attempt to spell known words, and use most lower and upper case letters appropriately to construct sentences in NSW Foundation Style (Early Stage 1)
The Year K book is organised around the theme 'Letters and sounds around me' and provides:
- illustrated letters that link letter formation with letter-sound relationships
- fluency patterns to pratice correct writing movements for each letter
- everyday words and engaging illustrations to colour
- modelled, guided and independent practice through tracing, tracking and writing
- photographic models and phonemic icons to help students to articulate sounds
- a fun game to reinforce skills and record letters learnt
- self-assessment opportunities
- practical teacher resources.
Selected sample pages from All Write! K