The Making Connections Teacher's Resource Books and CD-ROMs
include Diagnostic Assessment Tasks that assess students' competencies in each skill. Also included are revision texts for students who may require more consolidation and practice. Other material includes: checklists for tracking and recording student progress and graphic organisers.
A Teacher's CD-ROM accompanies each Teacher's Resource Book. The CD-ROMs feature:
Recommended CD Specifications
- a multiple choice, Diagnostic Assessment Task for each skill
- record keeping checklists
- graphic organisers to provide further practice for students.
- PC only
- Intel Pentium III processor or higher
- Windows 2000 or XP
- 128MB or more of installed RAM (256MB for complex forms or large documents)
- Adobe® Reader® 7 or 8
provides an explicit framework to teach comprehension skills. It offers:
- explicit instruction in comprehension skills and strategies
- texts that are written specifically for each skill
- interactive big books that enable teachers to model comprehension skills and strategies
- Blackline Master books that provide practice and consolidation in comprehension skills and strategies
- fiction and non-fiction books where students apply comprehension skills in a real-world context
- Teacher's Resource Books and CD-ROMs that include a variety of assessment texts, assessment proformas and graphic organisers
Find out more about Making Connections by clicking here.