Recognising Educator Excellence
Pearson Australia is pleased to announce that the ATEA/Pearson
Teacher Educator of the Year Award is now open for 2013. The aim of
the award is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching
practices in Teacher Education at a university level.
Nominations will be accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior
lecturers, whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or
postgraduate Education courses. The ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator
of the Year Award is judged by the ATEA.
The Award consists of $3,000 and a plaque and will be presented
at the ATEA Conference in 2013.
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in
teaching of recent developments in the field of study
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the
provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their learning
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching
- Participation in professional activities and research relating
To apply for the ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year Award
simply download the
Rules, Criteria and Nomination Form (PDF), and complete it
using the Rules of Entry as a guideline. Nominations must be
submitted by email using the Nomination form, with all details
Entries close 5:00pm, Friday 7th June,
- 2006: A/P Philip Morgan, University of Newcastle
- 2007: Dr Jane Keogh, University of Queensland
- 2008: A/P Glenn Finger, Griffith University
- 2009: A/P Rosie Le Cornu, University of South Australia
- 2010: Dr Caroline Walta, La Trobe university
- 2011: Dr Debra Bateman, Deakin University
- 2012: Dr Margaret Plunkett, Monash University
• Nominees must be current financial members of ATEA
• No correspondence will be entered into.
• The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not
to make an award if the criteria are not met.
• Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or
New Zealand university.
• Education teaching being evaluated must have taken place
within an Australian or New Zealand university during
• Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for
For enquiries please contact:
Marketing Manager - Direct
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964