Applications now open for 2014 award
Recognising Educator Excellence
Pearson Australia is pleased to announce that the 2014 ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year Award is now open. The aim of the award is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices in Teacher Education at a university level.
Nominations will be accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior lecturers, whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or postgraduate Education courses. The ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year Award is judged by the ATEA.
The Award consists of $3,000 and a plaque and will be presented at the ATEA Conference in July this year.
The award recipient will be a current financial member of ATEA and will have:
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student learning
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently and imaginatively
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in teaching of recent developments in the field of study
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their learning
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching development
- Participation in professional activities and research relating to teaching
To apply for the ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year Award simply download the Rules, Criteria and Nomination Form (PDF)
, and complete it using the Rules of Entry as a guideline. Nominations must be submitted by email using the Nomination form, with all details complete – please keep total email and attachment size under 5MB, or provide download instructions.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm, Friday May 23, 2014.
- Nominees must be current financial members of ATEA
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to make an award if the criteria are not met.
- Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Education teaching being evaluated must have taken place within an Australian or New Zealand university during 2013/14.
- Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for publicity purposes.
For enquiries please contact:
Direct Marketing Manager
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964