2014 Winner - Mr Paul Grover, Charles Sturt University
Dr Leonie Rowan, 2013 winner
Recognising Educator Excellence
Mr Paul Grover wins 2014 Award
Pearson Australia is delighted to announce that the winner of the ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year Award for 2014 is Mr Paul Grover from Charles Sturt University, New South Wales. Paul was presented with the award at the annual ATEA conference held in Sydney in July 2014. Paul's prize includes $3000, a certificate and a commemorative trophy.
Read Mr Paul Grover's Advice to Future Applicants.
The aim of the award is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices in Teacher Education at a university level.
Nominations are accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior lecturers, whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or postgraduate Education courses. The ATEA/Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year Award is judged by the ATEA.
The award recipient will be a current financial member of ATEA and will have:
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student learning
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently and imaginatively
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in teaching of recent developments in the field of study
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their learning
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching development
- Participation in professional activities and research relating to teaching
- Nominees must be current financial members of ATEA
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to make an award if the criteria are not met.
- Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Education teaching being evaluated must have taken place within an Australian or New Zealand university during 2013/14.
- Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for publicity purposes.
For enquiries please contact:
Direct Marketing Manager
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964