Recognising Educator Excellence - Jon Billsberry wins 2013 Award
Pearson Australia is pleased to announce that the winner of the Pearson AMZAM Management Educator of the Year Award is Jon Billsberry of Deakin University. Jon was presented with the award at the ANZAM dinner and awards ceremony in Hobart in December 2013. Jon's prize consisted of $3000 and a commemorative plaque.
The ANZAM judging panel provided the following statement:
Jon Billsberry has clearly demonstrated continued excellence in teaching over many years. He has made outstanding contributions to the scholarship of teaching and demonstrated good teaching innovation. Jon was clearly an outstanding nominee.
The aim of the award is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices in Management Education at universities in Australia and New Zealand. In 2003, Pearson Australia, with the endorsement of the ANZAM Executive, developed an award for excellence in teaching as a means of recognition and reward for those displaying innovative approaches to teaching management, and as a way of furthering our support and partnership with management academics. The judging panel is selected each year by the ANZAM Board.
The selection criteria for The Award include:
- Innovative teaching - evidence of innovative practice in teaching and learning
- Facilitating learning - evidence of teaching and learning approaches that actively engage students
- Research/Teaching Nexus - evidence of the building of connections across the research and teaching nexus
- 2003 - Dr Prem Ramburuth, University of New South Wales
- 2004 - Dr Lea Waters, University of Melbourne
- 2005 - Dr Peter McLean, University of Wollongong
- 2006 - Dr Neil Paulsen, University of Queensland
- 2007 - Dr Nell Kimberley, Monash University
- 2008 - Dr Damian Ruth, Massey University, NZ
- 2009 - Dr Mario Fernando, Wollongong University
- 2010 - Associate Professor Leisa Sargent, University of Melbourne
- 2011 - Dr April Wright, University of Queensland
- 2012 - Associate Professor Alan Simon, The University of Western Australia
ANZAM Advice to applicants from previous winners
2004 winner - Dr Lea Waters
2005 winner - Dr Peter McLean
2006 winner - Dr Neil Paulsen
2007 winner - Dr Nell Kimberley
For enquiries please contact:
ANZAM Academy Manager
Phone: +61 7 5552 7792
Email: click here
Direct Marketing Manager
Phone: +613 9811 2964
Email: click here.