Recognising Educator Excellence
Nominations are now open for the 2014 Pearson/AFAANZ Accounting/Finance Educator of the Year Award
Pearson is pleased to announce that the Pearson Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award is open again for 2014. The aim of the award, which was created in 2001, is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices in Accounting or Finance at a university level.
Nominations will be accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior lecturers, whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or postgraduate accounting or finance courses. The Pearson Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award is judged by the Education Directors of CPA Australia, the ICAA and the NZICA.
The Award consists of $3,000 and a plaque, to be presented at the AFAANZ Conference to be held in Auckland in July 2014.
The award recipient must be a current member of AFAANZ and will have:
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student learning.
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently and imaginatively.
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in teaching of recent developments in the field of study.
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their learning.
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching development.
- Participation in professional activities and research relating to teaching.
To apply for the Pearson Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award, simply download the Rules, Criteria and Nomination Form (PDF), and complete it using the Rules of Entry as a guideline. Nominations must be submitted by email and need to include the Nomination Form, with all details completed – please keep total email and attachment size under 5MB, or provide download instructions. Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm Friday, 9 May 2014.
- Applicants must be current members of AFAANZ
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to make an award if the criteria are not met.
- Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Accounting or Finance teaching being evaluated must have taken place within an Australian or New Zealand university during 2013/14.
- Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for publicity purposes.
Direct Marketing Manager
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964