Recognising Educator Excellence
Applications for the 2013 Pearson/AFAANZ Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award have closed. The aim of the award, which was created in 2001, is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices in Accounting or Finance at a university level.
Each year, nominations are accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior lecturers, whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or postgraduate accounting or finance courses. The Pearson Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award is judged by the Education Directors of CPA Australia, the ICAA and the NZICA.
The Award consists of $3,000 and a plaque, to be presented at the AFAANZ Conference in July 2013.
- 2001 Paul Coram, University of Western Australia
- 2002 Elizabeth Carson, University of New South Wales
- 2003 Jacqueline Birt, Australian National University
- 2004 Glen Hutchings, Curtin University
- 2005 Kim Hawtrey, Macquarie University
- 2006 Dr Renee Radich, Macquarie University
- 2007 Dr Sean Pinder, The University of Melbourne
- 2008 Dr Anne Abraham, University of Wollongong
- 2009 Dr Hamish Anderson, Massey University
- 2010 Dr Monte Wynder, University of the Sunshine Coast
- 2011 Kerry Humphreys, University of NSW
- 2012 Rosina Mladenovic, The University of Sydney
The award recipient must be a current member of AFAANZ and will have:
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student learning.
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently and imaginatively.
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in teaching of recent developments in the field of study.
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their learning.
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching development.
- Participation in professional activities and research relating to teaching.
- Applicants must be current members of AFAANZ
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to make an award if the criteria are not met.
- Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Accounting or Finance teaching being evaluated must have taken place within an Australian or New Zealand university during 2012/13.
- Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for publicity purposes.
Marketing Manager - Direct
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964