Recognising Educator Excellence
Pearson is pleased to announce that the Pearson
Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award is open
again for 2013. The aim of the award, which was created in
2001, is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices
in Accounting or Finance at a university level.
Nominations will be accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior
lecturers, whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or
postgraduate accounting or finance courses. The Pearson
Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award is judged by the
Education Directors of CPA Australia, the ICAA and the NZICA.
The Award consists of $3,000 and a plaque, to be presented at
the AFAANZ Conference in July 2013.
- 2001 Paul Coram, University of Western Australia
- 2002 Elizabeth Carson, University of New South Wales
- 2003 Jacqueline Birt, Australian National University
- 2004 Glen Hutchings, Curtin University
- 2005 Kim Hawtrey, Macquarie University
- 2006 Dr Renee Radich, Macquarie University
- 2007 Dr Sean Pinder, The University of Melbourne
- 2008 Dr Anne Abraham, University of Wollongong
- 2009 Dr Hamish Anderson, Massey University
- 2010 Dr Monte Wynder, University of the Sunshine Coast
- 2011 Kerry Humphreys, University of NSW
- 2012 Rosina Mladenovic, The University of Sydney
The award recipient must be a current member of AFAANZ and will
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in
teaching of recent developments in the field of study.
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the
provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching
- Participation in professional activities and research relating
To apply for the Pearson Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year
Award, simply download the Rules, Criteria and
Nomination Form (PDF), and complete it using the Rules of Entry
as a guideline. Nominations must be submitted by emailand need
to include the Nomination Form, with all details completed – please
keep total email and attachment size under 5MB.
Applications should be received no later than 5:00pm
Friday, 10 May 2013.
- Applicants must be current members of AFAANZ
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to
make an award if the criteria are not met.
- Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or New
- Accounting or Finance teaching being evaluated must have taken
place within an Australian or New Zealand university during
- Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for
Marketing Manager - Direct
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964