Recognising Educator Excellence
Dr Pandula Gamage wins 2014 Award
Pearson Australia is delighted to announce that the winner of the Pearson Accounting/Finance Educator of the Year Award for 2014 is Dr Pandula Gamage from Victoria University. Pandula was presented with the award at the annual AFAANZ conference held in Auckland New Zealand, 6-8 July 2014. Pandula's prize includes $3000, a certificate and a commemorative trophy.
The aim of the award, which was created in 2001, is to encourage and recognise innovative teaching practices in Accounting or Finance at a university level.
Each year nominations are accepted from tutors, lecturers and senior lecturers whose primary activity is teaching in undergraduate or postgraduate accounting or finance courses. The Pearson Accounting/Finance Lecturer of the Year Award is judged by the Education Directors of CPA Australia, the ICAA and the NZICA.
The Award consists of $3,000 and a plaque, presented at the AFAANZ Conference.
The award recipient must be a current member of AFAANZ and will have:
- Interest and enthusiasm for teaching and for promoting student learning.
- Ability to organise course material and to present it cogently and imaginatively.
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation in teaching of recent developments in the field of study.
- Provision of appropriate student assessment, including the provision of worthwhile feedback to students on their learning.
- Professional and systematic approach to teaching development.
- Participation in professional activities and research relating to teaching.
- Applicants must be current members of AFAANZ
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to make an award if the criteria are not met.
- Entrants must be currently employed within an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Accounting or Finance teaching being evaluated must have taken place within an Australian or New Zealand university during 2013/14.
- Winner and entrants may be requested to be available for publicity purposes.
Direct Marketing Manager
Email: click here.
Phone: (03) 9811 2964