Democracy: History of Democracy : 9781442559677
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Explore the history of democracy and how people began to believe in it. History of Democracy also reveals how social and economic forces have shaped democracy, as well as what history can teach us about democracy when things go wrong.
Table of contents
- What is Democracy?
- Democracy - Where it all began?
- Athenian Assembly
- Middle Ages
- Magna Carta
- Revolutions: The American Revolution
- Revolutions: The French Revolution
- Fight for Rights: Around the World
- Fight for Rights: Indigenous People
- Fight for Rights: Women
- Evolution of Democracy
- Find Out More
Features & benefits
- clear and concise text accompanied by contemporary and historical photographs
- fact boxes providing extra information related to the text
- a timeline of key events
- a glossary explaining new words and phrases
- an index.
Written by a wide range of experienced children’s authors specialising in history at primary level.
Suitable for upper primary students.
The Democracy topic covers the history of democracy: its conception, development and its spread across the world. The series looks at the role of the citizen in a democracy and explores the connections between citizens and their government. It also details the beginning of Australian democracy and describes the three levels of government in Australia: federal, state and territory, and local.
Due to demand, this product has run out of stock, and so the promotion is no longer available. One full priced item has been added to your shopping cart as a back-order.