Basic Plumbing Services Skills: Gas Services (Revised) is a comprehensive, practical text providing the fundamental knowledge and skills in gas fitting.
This self-paced text is ideal for various modes of delivery, including the classroom, workplace or student self-study. To further aid student comprehension, the text is divided into two parts – Gas Fundamentals and Installation Practice.
Look for the new eText version that makes learning easier. Quickly search for information, highlight key passages and add bookmarks plus own notes.
Basic Plumbing Services Skills: Gas Services (Revised) addresses the new AS/NZS 5601: 2010 Standard. Part 1 and 2 represents one of the biggest changes to the gas standard in over 20 years.
The new standard contains a number of key major changes relating to installation requirements and calculations, as well as numerous minor revisions and modifications.
Basic Plumbing Services Skills: Gas Services (Revised) encompass changes to the following sections within the standard where applicable to AQF 3.
- New definitions
- Minor alterations to Safety and General Requirements
- Identification of proprietary piping systems
- Limiting conditions for use of crimped jointing of copper pipe
- Alterations to flue material table
- Pipework installation requirements including wall and floor sleeving, stud and plate penetrations and changes to depth of cover
- Provision for dust clearing
- Provision of reversion fittings to multilayer piping systems
- Changes to hose assembly connection points
- New simplified ventilation calculations
- All relevant changes to appliance location requirements
- alterations to pipe sizing examples
- new pressure testing terminology and requirements
- review of Table E2
- new purging table
- changes to cylinder locations under verandas and buildings
- changes to cylinder regulator location
- reconciliation of new vapourisation tables with existing text
- Review of all Caravan and Marine requirements.
This new edition has been written to address relevant Gas Services units of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework (CPC08) including:
CPCPGS3056A Install gas piping systems
CPCPGS3057A Size consumer gas piping systems
CPCPGS3058A Install and commission Type A gas appliances
CPCPGS3059A Install LPG gas storage of aggregate storage capacity up to 500 litres
CPCPGS3060A Install LPG gas storage of aggregate storage capacity exceeding 500 litres and less than 8KL
CPCPGS3046A Install LPG systems in caravans, mobile homes and mobile work places
CPCPGS3017A Install gas detection devices
CPCPGS3048A Install gas pressure control equipment
CPCPGS3049A Install Type A gas appliance flues
CPCPGS3050A Install Type B gas appliance flues
CPCPGS3051A Purge consumer piping
CPCPGS3052A Maintain Type A gas appliances
CPCPGS3053A Disconnect and reconnect Type A gas appliances
CPCPGS3054A Calculate and install natural ventilation for Type A gas appliances
CPCPGS3055A Install gas sub-meters
Login as educator/teacher to access restricted resources
Miscellaneous Instructor Resource