Boldprint Kids - Year 1: In the Park : 9781442516687
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
In the Park invites readers to recall and relate their experiences of playing in the park with friends and family.
Features & benefits
Features and benefits:
- Theme Poster: an introduction to the book and a connection to the themed selections that follow.
- Join-In: participatory, out-loud selections (poems, songs, scripts) which involve the young readers in the sounds of language.
- Fiction: stories from folklore and contemporary writers that use predictable language and patterns, repetition and supportive illustrations.
- Non-fiction: a variety of genres with high interest topics, presented in different print formats to create informative selections.
- Graphic stories: both fiction and non-fiction selections in graphic story format that represent contemporary forms of literacy texts.
- Wrap up: summary of the themed stories that assist students to reflect on the texts they have successfully read.
David Booth is Professor Emeritus in Education at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. For over 40 years, he has been involved in educating children and teachers as a classroom teacher, language arts consultant, professor, speaker and author.
Suitable for 4-8 year olds.
Boldprint Kids is a series of highly visual magazine-style fiction and non-fiction readers for lower primary students. Each student book is levelled and scaffolded towards a more challenging text.
The Boldprint series applies a variety of literacy strategies including phonological awareness, letter and word recognition, comprehension, fluency, writing and literature connections. These scaffolded instructional strategies, help young students move toward proficiency as readers and writers.
Due to demand, this product has run out of stock, and so the promotion is no longer available. One full priced item has been added to your shopping cart as a back-order.