This text is written entirely in SI (metric) units.
The fifth edition of this classic text has been fully revised to take account of modern teaching methods and perspectives, with the emphasis placed on the application of theory to real-life situations.
1. Introduction And The First Law Of Thermodynamics.
2. The Working Fluid.
3. Reversible And Irreversible Processes.
4. The Second Law.
5. The Heat Engine Cycle.
8. Steam Cycles.
9. Gas Turbine Cycles.
10. Nozzles And Jet Propulsion.
11. Rotodynamic Machinery.
12. Positive Displacement Machines.
13. Reciprocating Internal-Combustion Engines.
14. Refrigeration And Heat Pumps.
15. Psychometry And Air-Conditioning.
16. Heat Transfer.
17. The Sources, Use And Management Of Energy.