Browse and purchase any student and teaching resources, digital learning resources and educational textbooks.
Find any digital resource - Pearson eTexts, Lightbook, VitalSource, eBooks, MyLabs, Reader 2.0 & more.
Support your child's learning in Literacy, Maths, Science, History, Geography & more.
Find the resources you need to excel in Maths, Science, English, History, Geography & more.
We have all your 'back to uni' resources as well as MyLab, Mastering and eBook access codes.
Vocational & TAFE resources including building & construction, plumbing, electrical and more.
Check out our extensive range of ELT resources for anyone at any age.
Primary school resources for Australian Curriculum English, Maths, Science, History, Geography & more.
Secondary teaching resources for Australian Curriculum (and for NSW), Pearson Custom, webinars & more.
Professional development - conferences, seminars, workshops and custom learning programs.
Browse our extensive range of educational products, resources and services.
VET teaching resources developed for a range of Australian Quality Training Framework Packages.
Browse the complete range of 2014 Pearson ELT resources.
Booksellers can log-in for extra benefits - product lists, view pricing based on account details and order direct.
Schools can log-in and order directly to your school account.
Pearson contracted authors can access a range of resources, including the asset library, artwork briefs and publishing guidelines.
Find out about our commitment to education and learning. Overview of our products and services.
We provide learning resources and services such as research, assessment and digital repositories.
Partner with us as an author, contributor or service provider. Find out about career opportunities.
We are at the forefront of digital learning. Discover our full range of digital resources.
You are here:
This new edition of Corporate Responsibility starts with a fundamental shift in perspective from the previous edition by highlighting the shift from corporate responsibility being a vital business issue, to being the vital issue facing business. In the process the author brings together a comprehensive guide to the subject to addressing contemporary developments in both theory and practice.
A distinct intellectual framework is developed which highlights the ways the issues at the heart of Corporate Responsibility hang together. This links the ethics which underpin the values of corporations and their leadership to the way they exercise their responsibilities as stewards not just of their business but of the natural, human and built environment which they affect. Up-to-the minute research is integrated with case studies that allow the teacher, student and researcher to access the body of contemporary knowledge while responding to a rapidly changing landscape.
1. Corporate Social responsibility: the emerging agenda
2. The corporate and social/economic challenge
3. Defining corporate social responsibility
4. The role and function of business in society
5. Business ethics
6. Codes of behaviour
7. The nature and evolution of corporate governance
8. Standards, safety and security
9. The greening of economies and corporations the sustainability challenge
10 Sustainability the opportunities and challenges
11 Managing a sustainable business
12 Embedding CSR practice
13 The built environment
14 Ways forward and conclusions
Corporate Responsibility has been restructured from the previous edition to allow:
· Greater emphasis to the global challenges of Corporate Responsibility
· Space for the policy initiatives that have emerged.
· New Chapters on CSR Practice Internationally, Codes of Behaviour and the Nature and Evolution of Corporate Governance
· Detailed examination of contemporary events such as BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, the Fukushima Nuclear Radiation Disaster, the widening gap between CEO remuneration and that of others, concerns about corporate tax avoidance.
· Essential material for the successful study of international business.
Tom Cannon has held senior academic appointments in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, and is currently Professor of Strategic Development at the University of Liverpool.
© Copyright 2014 Pearson Australia Group Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. ABN 40 004 245 943