The Essence of Artificial Intelligence : 9780135717790
Pearson United Kingdom
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The Essence of Artificial Intelligence provides a concise and accessible introduction to the topic for students with no prior knowledge of AI. Taking a pragmatic approach to the subject, this book de-mystifies and makes AI concrete and transparent. Examples and algorithms are given throughout and can be sensibly implemented in a range of different languages. Offering a less formal/ mathematical treatment of the subject than many of its competitors, The Essence of Artificial Intelligence provides an overview of all the key subjects covered in one semester.
Table of contents
2. Knowledge Representation and Inference
3. Expert Systems
4. Using Search in Problem Solving
5. Natural Language Processing
7. Machine Learning and Neural Networks
8. Agents and Robots
AI resources on the web
Features & benefits
- Concise coverage of the major topics in AI.
- Simple clear descriptions of key techniques and algorithms.
- Complete glossary provided.
- Web site to support the book: http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk / -alison/essence.html.
- Chapter 3 (Expert Systems) contains 3 case studies which look at the medical expert systems MYCIN, Internist and Pathfinder.
Due to demand, this product has run out of stock, and so the promotion is no longer available. One full priced item has been added to your shopping cart as a back-order.